Are you struggling to log in your router with 192.168.1.254 IP address? If so, you have landed at the right place. This post explains you the in-depth guide on how to setup and login 192.168.1.254 router through this IP address. For logging into any router’s web interface, the users must and should have specific login credentials.
For this IP address and router, the default username and password are listed below. For understanding the method to configure your router, check this guide. In some cases, people confront issues whilst accessing their router. In such a situation, the best solution is to troubleshoot it and follow some quick tricks. Check all such fixes when you get router issues. Check it out!
192.168.1.254 Login IP Address:
192.168.1.254 is a private IP Address utilized by different routers for accessing the web. This IP address will belong to specific models of the router. We have numerous router brands such as Netgear, Linksys, Cisco, D-Link, TP-Link and more. It belongs to the 16-bit private network address. Most of the small-scale businesses and home networks use this IP Address for logging into the router’s web interface. Some of the brands that use the IP Address 192.168.1.254 include the following:
- Different models of Linksys
- Netopia Cayman Gateways
- 3Com Routers
- Westell DSL modems
- Alcatel modems
How to Setup Router Using 192.168.1.254 IP Address?
Follow the simple steps given below to set up your router through the IP address 192.168.1.254:
- First of all, open any browser on your PC and type 192.168.1.254 in the URL address bar space.
- Hit the enter key and wait for a moment.
- You will then land on a next page wherein you must enter the username and password for the router.
- You need to login by typing the default login credentials.
- In the username field, enter admin and in the password field, type the default password.
- Just tap the OK button. You will then land on the web interface of your router.
- You can then navigate to the Wireless tab displayed on the screen.
- Under the Wireless tab, you need to hit the sub-tab that says ‘Basic Wireless Setup’.
- In the empty field of Wireless Network Name [SSID], you need to type a new wireless network name.
- You need to enter the new password in the password field (if required). Then, hit ‘Apply’ button.
- Ensure that your PC has been connected to the router in the wired mode using an Ethernet cable whilst carrying out this task.
How to Change your Router Default Password?
For security consideration, the users can alter the default password of the router to a strong password. The default password for a router and the username are given in this post. In order to change the router password through the web-based setup page, you need to follow the below steps and execute the same:
- First of all, enter the setup page of the router.
- On the same page, you need to hit the Administration tab.
- From the Management section, type the new password in the fields of router password and re-enter to Confirm.
- Tap into ‘Save Settings’ option.
- That’s it! This is the easy method to reset and alter the Router Password.
That’s all! This is the simple process to set up your router using the IP address 192.168.1.254, password and username. Hope this guide has helped you to access the web interface of your router with the help of this 192.168.1.254 IP address. We have even included the method to easily change the default password for your router. If you still have any doubts, don’t hesitate to ask us through the comments section. We will send the retort as soon as possible.